Maths is a core subject at East Leake Academy and we are committed to providing the very best mathematical education to students of all ages and abilities.
We believe that maths is a key subject within society that will enable students to dive into further study, college and apprenticeships. We believe that early topics in maths enhance child’s love of learning and help students discover their potential. Using these topics as building blocks, we support students into the learning of more topics in greater depth thus establishing a strong knowledge of the laws of maths and where this knowledge can take you in the future.
- Have a strong understanding of real life mathematical concepts such as financial maths
- Understand where different maths topics can take you in the future and the key role they play
- Gain a relevant qualification to continue studying onto further education, higher education and apprenticeships
- Gain a love of learning maths and problem solving to help with applications in a real life context.
Domains of knowledge
- Statistics and Probability
- Ratio and Proportion