GCSE and GCE timetables – summer 2019
Please find important information about examinations here:
Exam board rules and guidelines
The rules and guidelines below are important for students to understand before they sit their exams. The academy would not want anyone to jeopardize their own exams or the outcomes for other students by not being aware of these rules, so please ensure that you are familiar with these below:
- A daily seating plan will be displayed on the exam board in the main entrance corridor. Check where you are sitting well in advance of the exam start time. (If your name is not on the plan, please see the exams office staff immediately)
- You should be lined up outside the exam hall/room 10 minutes before the published start time.
- Exam regulations apply as soon as you enter through the doors to the exam hall.
- Talking or communicating with other candidates is not allowed in the exam hall – failure to follow this rule can result in your exam paper being cancelled, or in extreme cases, all of your exam marks being disqualified. Do not give exam invigilators any reason to suspect you are communicating with another student in any way at all.
- Coats, bags, books, notes and valuables are not allowed in the exam rooms and should be left in your locker. If you arrive with items that are not permitted, these must be handed in and secured in a zipped wallet and collected afterwards.
- Mobile phones, smartwatches, MP3/4 players or any kind of web enabled device will not be allowed into the exam room. We advise that you do not bring them – if you must bring them with you, they must be handed in at the start of the exam but the academy will not be held responsible for anything that is lost or damaged. Any candidates found to have any of these on their person (even switched off) can be disqualified from the current exam and the overall qualification.
- All other wristwatches, including analogue watches, must be removed and placed on your desk in full view of the invigilators. You are not permitted to replace it on your wrist until you are dismissed from the exam hall/room.
- Only plain water in a clear bottle can be brought into the exam rooms. Not coloured bottles, even if transparent – labels should be removed.
You must bring your own equipment, including:
- 2 black pens, pencil, pencil sharpener, ruler and an eraser should be brought in a clear pencil case/bag. Only black pens can be used for your answers.
- Highlighters can be used on the questions but not on the answers.
- For certain exams you will additionally require a compass, protractor, coloured pencils and calculators (Note that calculators must not be programmable or have a retrievable memory. Cases, lids and covers must not be taken into the examination.)
- If you require any assistance, you should put up their hand to attract the invigilators attention.
- After the exam, when dismissed, you should leave the exam hall in silence and as quietly as possible, as other candidates may still be working.If you have any queries about the above rules, please speak to your exam officer or another member of staff before the exams start.