Students will be expected to undertake independent learning and do homework outside of the timetabled curriculum. Subject teachers will set homework tasks that are designed to embed skills and knowledge.
What should every student do?
• Bring their homework to lessons on time so that work can be monitored and marked
• Check their student ‘Insight’ account daily for the most up to date homework content set by teachers
• Complete homework every day in line with the homework timetable (see below)
• Listen to homework instructions in class
• Copy down instructions for tasks and deadline date in the planner (support will be given if needed )
• Ensure that all homework is completed in their subject books or homework folder (unless told otherwise)
• Attempt all work to the best of their ability
• Inform the class teacher/tutor of any difficulties (a note from parents/carers in the planner is advisable)
• Aim to learn all core subject content that is covered within the homework tasks so that they can re-call
this information from memory