Our academy uniform consists of:
- All black leather shoes – no boots, trainers, pumps or sandals/flip flops
- Black socks (ankle or knee high) or black opaque tights
- Black trousers – trousers must be tailored, close fitting/legging style trousers are not allowed
- Black skirt with embroidered crest – skirts must be between two inches above or below the knee
- White school shirt, short or long sleeved, with a tailored collar designed to be worn with a tie
- Clip on tie – one house tie can be purchased directly from the academy or from the uniform suppliers below
- Black cardigan or v-neck pullover with embroidered crest
- Blazer with embroidered crest – sleeves must not be rolled up and blazers must be worn at all times unless otherwise directed. Hooded jumpers are not to be worn under the blazer
- Outdoor coats may be worn over blazers in cold weather, but must be removed once inside the academy building
Students are expected to wear full uniform when travelling to and from the academy, and during the academy day, in years 7 to 11.
Jewellery, piercings hair and make-up
The following expectations must be adhered to by all students:
- Jewellery – one stud earring in the lobe, one discreet necklace worn under shirt, and one wrist watch. Rings and bracelets are not allowed.
- No other visible piercings, plugs or tattoos are allowed e.g. nose studs, tongue piercings or multiple ear piercings
- No visible make-up (discreet only), including nail varnish
- No denim items
- No extreme haircuts, including shaved patterns or hair colours
All PE clothing must have the East Leake badge embroidered onto garments. Please see our PE kit policy below:
The kit list includes:
- ELA embroidered polo shirt
- ELA PE skort
- ELA PE shorts
- ELA PE quarter zip sweater
- ELA rugby shirt
- Black under armour (recommended in cold weather)
- Plain long black football socks (outdoor lessons September-April)
- White sports socks (indoor lessons/can be worn outdoors summer activities only – must not be long football style)
- Gum shield
- Hair bobble (long hair)
- Shin pads (some sports)
- Sports trainers
- Studded boots (some sports)
The following expectations must also be adhered to by students:
- Long hair must be tied up
- No jewellery can be worn during lessons
- Safety equipment including shin pads and gum shields should be worn as appropriate for the activity
- Leggings and cycling shorts are not permitted
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms can be worn if students prefer
Academy School Uniforms / Just Schoolwear
West Bridgford | 11 Compton Acres, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7RS
Phone: (0115) 965 2869
Uniform and PE kit can be purchased online.
We have a selection of pre-loved uniform and PE kit available at the academy. To enquire about availability please email email@example.com with details of items and sizes required. If we do not have an item in stock, we will put your name on a waiting list. We do not charge for these items.
There is also a group on Facebook called ‘East Leake Academy Pre-loved Uniform’.
If you would like to donate any laundered pre-loved items then please drop off at the main reception.
All of our students are expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- Black or blue ballpoint pen (and a spare)
- Coloured pencils/fine fibre tips
- Pencil sharpener
- Pair of compasses
- Set square
- Ruler 12”/30cm
- Rough notebook/jotter
Text books and specialised equipment will be issued on loan, and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to academy property.
To keep belongings safe, lockers can be hired for the full academy year. Hire a locker here.
All students are expected to have an East Leake student planner. This helps students with vital information and a diary style section for homework and notes. There is also a section on each double page for communication between parents and school, especially the tutor. Student planners should be signed each week by a parent and the tutor. Planners are issued to year 7 students on the first day at the academy in September and cost £4.