At East Leake Academy, we aim to listen to our students and parents, and take action based on their feedback. As a result, vertical tutoring will be changing to allow us to deliver more age-appropriate activities for our students.
Students really embraced the vertical tutoring system and there were lots of positive elements about how it works. However, having listened to feedback, we are aware that some of the things which students do during VT are not always relevant or beneficial to all year groups.
We will therefore implement Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 vertical tutor groups from mid-January 2019.
KS3 – Years 7-9
KS4 – Years 10 and 11
- Ensure VT tasks meet the needs of students in each key stage.
- Allow students time to reflect on their learning and progress.
- Provide students with appropriate information for their key stage.
- Give students essential Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG).
- Provide appropriate careers support for KS3 students.
- Enable assemblies to be beneficial and age appropriate.
- Give students the opportunity to spend time with their peers at lunch time.
- Provide all students with a supportive pastoral system that encourages them to succeed.
Our split-lunch system has been very successful and will continue. Students will now enjoy lunch with friends in their new vertical tutor groups and with those in the same year group.
KS4 students will go for lunch first at 12.35pm.
KS3 students will go second at 12.55.