A Level exam results 2017
A Level (year 13)
In 2017, our students achieved an average points score (APS) of 34.85 (up from 34.04 in 2016).
- 99% Pass Rate A*-E
- 21.6% A* to A (up from 18.6%)
- 50% A*- B grades (up from 36.2%)
East Leake Academy students also had another very successful year with their UCAS applications with all students securing a place.
AS Level (year 12)
Year 12 students performed very well and results showed a record-breaking pass rate and value added from GCSE.
- 94% pass rate A-E (up from 89% in 2016
- 43.4% A – B grades (up from 29.3% in 2016)
- 66% A – C grades (up from 50% in 2016)
GCSE examination results 2017
GCSE and BTEC results
Attainment has improved with some excellent results from individual students.
- 67.1 % of students achieved 5+ A-C including English and maths (where C=4), an improvement on the 2016 result of 66%
- 18 grade 9’s (A**) were achieved by 12 students in English and maths which is 8% of cohort, above the national expectations of 3%
- 24% of students achieved at least 5+ A*/A grades compared to 14% in 2016
- Excellent results in English (77% 9-4) and maths (80% 9-4) using the new GCSE grading system, both improved from 2016 results
- 100% A*-C in triple science, BTEC engineering and Spanish