Our Geography department is enthusiastic, innovative and dynamic. We pride ourselves on consistently facilitating excellent learning. Our issue based curriculum for key stage 3 is constantly under review. This ensures that new, valid and relevant geography is being learnt at each level of academic standing.
The year 7 curriculum starts with personal geographies then moves onto global fashion, dangerous earth and Kenya.
- How do I fit in? climate and ecosystems
- What shaped our landscape
- Geographies of crime
- What’s next for Antarctica
- Dangerous weather
We follow the AQA exam board specification.
Topic areas covered:
- Natural hazards (earthquakes and tropical storms)
- Physical landscapes (rivers and coasts),
- The living world (rainforests and hot desert)
- Urban issues
- Changing economic world
- Resource management
- Fieldwork skills
Method of assessment:
100% examination based.
Paper 1 – Physical environments (35%)
Paper 2 – Human environments (35%)
Paper 3 – Geographical skills (30%)
Mr T Kitson
Mrs R Clifton